Special Needs Internet Resources
The internet is growing every day, and new resources for parents of special needs children are being added at an impressive rate. Whether you are a parent of a newborn with cerebral palsy, or a thirteen year-old with developmental disabilities, there is much useful guidance on the web.
- United Cerebral Palsy (UCP): An organization dedicated to advocacy for children with cerebral palsy and education of their caregivers, UCP serves as a clearinghouse for research, local assistance and other resources.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): The CDC provides detailed information about the types of cerebral palsy, their symptoms, research and scientific articles.
- Cerebral Palsy Alliance : On the cutting edge of research, Cerebral Palsy Alliance is dedicated to curing and preventing cerebral palsy.
- Kennedy Krieger Institute: Kennedy Krieger is a world-famous organization dedicated to unlocking the potential of children with developmental disabilities. They provide patient care, special education and research and training.
- March of Dimes: The March of Dimes began with a mission of preventing prematurity, but has expanded its mission to the prevention of birth defects and infant deaths.
- Support Groups : List of support groups for parents of children with developmental disabilities.
Shoulder Dystocia: Brachial Plexus Injuries
- United Brachial Plexus Network: providing support groups, background information and other resources, the UBPN is a leader in brachial plexus research.
- Brachial Plexus Palsy Foundation : Particularly for new parents of children with brachial plexus injuries, the Brachial Plexus Palsy Foundation gives advice and instruction about how to treat and investigate the injury.
Our years of experience fighting for children born with needless birth injuries has brought us close to many charitable organizations which provide support, information and other assistance to the parents of children with these challenges. For more information on your child’s legal options, contact our birth injury malpractice lawyers at (855) 712-7818 or send us an online message for more information.